First album in the Pam Pam series, created by musicians-educators from Quarteto Gordon*.
Inspired by the Music Learning Theory by Edwin E. Gordon (USA, 1924-2015), the Pam Pam series aims to stimulate children's listening and musical expression by offering new resources for parents, caregivers and educators interested in promoting the development of musical learning for their children and students.
“Pam Pam 1 - Singing without Words" presents original arrangements for selected songs, including new songs and chants created by the group members. The songs and chants were performed always a capella and using neutral syllables (without words). Each song starts with a short melodic or rhythmic line performed by just one voice. After a brief space of silence, that initial line repeats two or three times improved by the other vocal parts.
The album insert contains essential information on the theoretical and creative bases of the works carried out by Quarteto Gordon.
It contains also a set of suggestions for parents, caregivers and educators on how to use shared listening as a powerful resource for musical learning and enjoyment.
* Quarteto Gordon is an Italian-Brazilian vocal group specially dedicated to the early childhood. Created in 2011, the group is formed by Aline Romeiro and Wlad Mattos (BRA), Arnolfo Borsacchi and Pier Elisa Campus (ITA).
Songs: Pam Pam 1 - Singing without Words
01. Barser (A. Borsacchi)
02. Pastime with good company (Henrique VIII)
03. Little samba (A. Borsacchi)
04. Variations K 265 nº1 (W. A. Mozart)
05. Caruaru (W. Mattos)
06. Swinging on a cloud (A.Borsacchi)
07. Hymn to joy, from Symphony nº 9 (L. van Beethoven)
08. Happy and sad (E. E. Gordon)
09. The drunk... falls (A. Borsacchi)
10. Orsù (A. Borsacchi)
11. Hop, little horse! (A. Borsacchi)
12. Minuet in G minor (J. S. Bach)
13. A needle in a haystack (A. Borsacchi)
14. Fossils, from Carnival of the Animals (C. Saint-Saens)
15. Lullaby, Op. 49 (J. Brahms)
16. Oh, no! (A. Borsacchi)
17. Musica, musica (A. Apostoli)
All tracks contain recordings of original arrengements by Quarteto Gordon.
Pam Pam 1: Singing without Words
Digital product (download)
When making the purchase, you will receive a link to download a .zip file containing: the digital version of the album in MP3 (standard quality) and FLAC (superior quality) formats, the images of the cover, back cover and insert of the physical album.